A dramatic Shakespearean response to every situation
The answers to my movie quotes are:
You can see the original post with the quotes here.
- The Usual Suspects
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
- The Departed
- Howl’s Moving Castle
- The Good, the Bag & the Ugly
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
- Midnight in Paris
- Notorious (Alfred Hitchcock’s)
- Monty Python & the Holy Grail
- How to Steal a Million
- The Thin Man
- The Italian Job (2003)
- The Brothers Bloom
- Death at a Funeral (2007)
- Pirate Radio
- Iron Man
- Casino Royale
- Young Frankenstein
- Gosford Park
- Mean Streets
nicolebonnet did this and I think it’s fun so here’s my take on things. Let me know your best guesses and I’ll post the answers in the morning.
1. Pick 20 of your favorite movies. 2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie. 3. Post the quotes and have people reply with their guesses. 4. No Googling/using IMDb search functions. 5. Reblog with the correct answers.
- The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.
- ‘Ello, Poppet.
- When I was your age they would say we can become cops, or criminals. Today, what I’m saying to you is this: when you’re facing a loaded gun, what’s the difference?
- I don’t cook! I’m a scary and powerful fire demon!
- You see, in this world there’s two kinds of people, my friend: those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.
- The stars are veiled. Something stirs in the East. A sleepless malice. The eye of the enemy is moving. He is HERE.
- If you’re a writer, declare yourself the best writer. But you’re not as long as I’m around.
- A man doesn’t tell a woman what to do. She tells herself.
- Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt - of elderberries!
- You really are the smuggest and most hateful man.
- Hey, would you mind putting that gun away? My wife doesn’t care, but I’m a very timid fellow.
- You’ve got no imagination. You couldn’t even decide what to do with all that money, so you had to buy what everybody else wanted.
- The perfect con is one where everyone involved gets just what they wanted.
- Why are my hands so BIG??
- Wow. You look like a unicorn… in a negligee.
- I’m sorry, this is the fun-vee. The hum-drum-vee is back there.
- There are dinner jackets and dinner jackets; this is the latter. And I need you looking like a man who belongs at that table.
- Would you like to have a holl in ze hay? Holl, holl, holl in ze hay.
- What about Claudette Colbert? She’s British, isn’t she? She sounds British. Is she, like, affected or is she British?
- It’s all bullshit except the pain. The pain of hell. The burn from a lighted match increased a million times. Infinite. Now, ya don’t fuck around with the infinite.
Post has 147 notes.
Pirate Radio my boo is the bomb diggity lol love this favorite quotes screencap High Quality
Via: a slippery slope
Post has 123761 notes.
HELL YEAH Morgan Freeman is literally god love this quotes true that respect
Via: Somewhere Beyond the Sea
Post has 51 notes.
The Usual Suspects Kevin Spacey FAVORITE MOVIE I LOVE quotes movie quotes Keyser Soze terrific amazing gif i love !!!
Via: ida was a hellcat
Post has 4822 notes.
quotes THIS Conan O'Brien respect I really like this sentiment note to self High Quality
Via: Ursa Major ♀
Post has 1217 notes.
Colin Firth MEN I LOVE so elegant so classy quotes i love this great sentiment gentleman
Via: further illumination
Post has 83 notes.
Robert De Niro quotes i like people i enjoy terrific actor
Via: the poor dancing girl she won't dance again
[After Donna tells Josh how her ex-boyfriend stopped for a beer on the way to the hospital after she got in an accident]
Josh: Just so you know, if you were in an accident I wouldn’t stop for a beer.
Donna: If you were in an accident I wouldn’t stop for red lights.
The West Wing, S2E18
One of my absolutely favorite moments between them thus far.